What should I do if I find suspected
Aquatic Invasive Species?
Department of Fisheries and Oceans
Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick
- Check to see if you can identify the animal / plant.
- If you can, try and take a picture.
- Record the date and location where you saw it.
- Record in what environment you found it, for example on a buoy, on a beach, on a rope, on a rock.
- If possible, record the GPS coordinates of the location or mark the site (e.g. with a buoy) to identify the area.
- Report to one of the numbers below.
and Nova Scotia (Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence)
Toll Free 1-866-759-6600 New Brunswick (Bay of Fundy)
Tel: 506-529-5961 Nova Scotia (Bay of Fundy and Atlantic)
Tel: 1-888-435-4040 Quebec - Côte-Nord
Tel: 1-800-463-1729 Gaspésie–Bas-Saint-Laurent
Tel: 418-368-5559 Îles-de-la-Madeleine
Tel: 418-986-2095 Newfoundland and Labrador
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute